Moscow: Progress publishers, 1976.181 pp.
The priceless historical and artistic treasures of the Kremlin remained in Moscow, however. They were gathered under one roof and comprised the nucleus of the Armoury Chamber museum that was opened in 1806. A special structure built for the museum in 1812 proved inadequate, so in 1851 a new building was built to designs by the architect Ton, in which the Armoury Chamber museum is housed to this day. The collection is displayed in nine halls, situated on two floors.